Here are a few tips that I personally have for new movement artists!
1. Do you. - Yes other dancers make things look easy. Don't beat yourself up if you can't do a certain move or learn a specific choreography. Just be true to you and where you are in your journey.
2. Study. - Please do your best to know and understand the History of dance. You can't judge a craft by it's cover so don't assume you know everything about dance from a simple youtube video.
3. Find a village. - It doesn't have to be a dance crew and you don't need to pay hundreds of dollars to find a dance fam. It's important to have people around you that have the same passion for dance as yourself. The people in your village should not simply praise your every move, you need people who can push you to progress.
4. Don't quit. - Are you sad? Dance. Are you mad? Dance. Want to give up on life? Dance. It's good for the soul.
5. Have fun! - What's the point of dancing if you can't find some sense of joy while doing so? Enjoy yourself. Dance alone, or dance with others. Just have a good time.
To all my vets what are your tips? Comment below<3